The Daly Bank building in Anaconda, Montana was acquired in 2002 by First Montana Bank. Constructed in 1895 as the primary banking institution in Anaconda by one of the ‘Copper Kings’, Marcus Daly, the building has had many uses throughout the last century, but had fallen into significant disrepair. Committed to renovating the structure and restoring the bank lobby to its original splendor, the owner retained SMA to work closely with the State Historic Preservation Office to develop the design and direction of the project. The project involved complete window replacement, a new roof, renovation of both floors, restoration and repair of the exterior and original bank lobby space, and installation of a new elevator. The project is in compliance with the Secretary of the Interior Standards for Historic Preservation.